Friday 4 July 2014

Chorizo, Potato, French Bean



Recently I didn't have much inspiration to cook. I spent most of my time baking macarons and then Im too tired to spend any more time in the kitchen. Hence the posts were a bit sparse.
In summer I always want to eat light. Make the most of the fresh vegetables. Most of the times I just chop everything in a big bowl. Everything I find. My mother was quite surprised with some combinations during my recent trip to slovakia. But she did enjoy it and so did I.

But today I want to talk about Chorizo. I think its my favourite spanish food. Along with Padron peppers which are so hard to find in London.


I buy the cooking chorizo. It releases all the spices and juice when cooked adding incredible flavour to the dish. It comes in a small pack of 9 mini sausages. But if you are not able to find this, use what you can.
This dish is simple, quick and very tasty. And there are leftovers too, sometimes.
All you need is a pack of new potatoes, pack of french green beans and a pack of cooking chorizo.

Boil, fry and eat.



The beans add lovely colour and crunch. Potatoes soak up the juice from the chorizo and everything gets nicely charred in the pan. You can always add more thing or change a bit. Sometimes I add a can of chickpeas, just drain the liquid. Other times I add fresh asparagus or kale. Sprinkle with herbs of your choice.


To prepare this dish you will need:
550g of baby potatoes
small pack of trimmed green beans
250g pack of mini cooking chorizo

Wash the potatoes and cook in boiling water with a pinch of salt and caraway seeds. Boil them until soft, this will take around 15-20 mins, depending on the size. Insert a point of knife to check if done. Add the beans and cook until soft. I like them completely cooked through, otherwise they are squeaking under the teeth. Drain and let cool slightly.
Slice the chorizo or dice it. Heat a spoonful of mild olive oil in a large frying pan. Add the chorizo and fry for few minutes. While this is happening cut your potatoes. In quarters or slices, its completely up to you. Smaller ones just need to be halved. Add to the pan and fry together for few minutes. At the end add the beans, stir few times, season with salt and pepper and serve straight away. Eat as much or little as you like, but I find it very moorish and normally eat more then I should have.

No comments: